1 Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.
3 For the Lord is the great God,
the great King above all gods.
4 In his hand are the depths of the earth,
and the mountain peaks belong to him.
5 The sea is his, for he made it,
and his hands formed the dry land.
6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
7 for he is our God
and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Here in these opening verses of Psalm 95, we come face-to-face with a whole raft of reasons to sing when the wind is howling:
- V3 – Our God is a great God.
- V3 – Our God is the King above all gods.
- V4 – Our God is the creator of everything earthen.
- V5 – Our God is the creator of everything oceanic.
However, the crescendo of this riff of praise is the best:
- V7 – Our God is our God!
- V7 – Our God has made us his people and we live under his good care.